Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Fluttering Butterflies

Hello everyone!
Summer is almost over, can you believe it?! My summer has been packed with tons of activities, and lots of cool little trips. I've definitely been busy, have you? 
Now, all the talk is about back to school, and getting organized for the new school year. Everyone will be going back to their regular routines, and then barge into getting ready for the holidays! Amazing how time flies bye these days.

Today, I wanted to share with you this card I created using Lindy's Stamp Gang Products. When I look at it I see August...what I mean by that is, I usually envision the months in my mind having some sort of color theme, and to me, this is how August is, rich, colorful and super bright!
 I used many different Lindy's Stamp Gang Starburst Stains to make the background of the card, as well as the color on the butterflies. The method of applying color however, on those two things were completely different. I sprayed the background, and I painted the butterflies using a thin brush (two different methods of applying color, but both very effective). Can you see all the shimmer? I embossed the butterflies using black Versafine Ink, and Lindy's Stamp Gang embossing powder in Magic Moon Pearls, so the ebossing comes out black, but with a pearlescent finish. I love it! The pictures really don't do it justice.
I used a Prima Stamp set as well as Hero Art's Antique Engravings Stamp set, for the butterflies. The Sentiment of the card is from and Inkadinkado Stamp set. The background resist was done using the Hero Art's Raindrop Background stamp, as well as the Magic Moon Pearls embossing powder from Lindy's Stamp Gang.
The white you see behind the butterflies, is a piece of white vellum which I dry embossed using a Stampin' up embossing folder, and glued down to the card using some paper lace from my stash.
I added some Gold Stickles in some areas of the butterflies, specially the biggest one, just for some extra bling. I hope you enjoyed this card, as much as I did making it. Take care everyne, and have a safe end of the summer!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful card display you have put up as I am a butterfly gal. I have a beautiful butterfly stamp and also other stamps.

    For the Love of me. I cannot get them to look good on a card.

    I get half on lift up and the rest never inked it or I get too faint.

    So my butterflys are mostly the real butterfly images I take with my camera on my cards.

    People tell me to titer totter the stamper.

    Does not work.

    Other tell me to press down hard.


    I better get myself a book for Dummmer and Dummer for stamping. (ME)

    I bought my beautiful stamper from Michaels store.


    Grrrrrrrrrrrr

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. Let me suggest something: get a stamping mat underneath your image and stamp on top of that. Stamping is nearly goof proof using one of those. It's basically a foam pad that allows a bit of "give" when you stamp between the paper you are stamping on, and the surface you are stamping in. I love mine, and I bought it at Joann's website, but I'm sure other websites carry it. Many people use the inverse side of a mouse pad and that acts like a stamping mat too. I use one of those all the time as well. Hope that helps you to get great stamped images all the time, specially your beloved butterflies :)

      Delete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate it so much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...