Thursday, April 26, 2012

Exciting News and a Purple Hello!

Good afternoon everyone!
So super excited for two reasons, one, my Emily seems to be getting better everyday, and two, I found out that one of my YouTube videos was featured in a national/international publication!!! Super exciting because the video, before it was featured, had about a quarter of a million views, but just today I checked it, and it's gotten way past that mark, and soon enough it will reach the half a million view mark. Talk about awesome!
The funny thing about this is, that this particular video is actually one of my craziest tutorials, because at the time I made it, I did not know how to edit, I was all over the place, and really didn't pay attention to many things I do today. If I were to make that video tutorial again today, with all I know now, I would have done many things differently. Since filming that, I've come along way, and my videos seem to be a little bit more professional I think.  Considering I NEVER submit anything for publishing, even though I'd like to have a project published somewhere, sometime, I just don't have the time to do things like that right now, so it's pretty cool to have other people notice your stuff, without you even submitting it, and have them like it enough to add it on their magazine publication and tell other people to go watch it! Anyways, I don't want to ramble too much about that, but I just wanted to share my excitement with you.
Today I wanted to share a little card I made using one of my Greeting Farm Stamps that I bought, and had never used. I love The Greeting Farm images, and it seems like I keep collecting them, but I fail to start using them right away, so I told myself I had to start using them more, before I continued to collect them.
I used a Spellbinder's die for all the mats behind the image, I colored it with my Copic markers, and I did some paper piecing on her clothes.
I used Echo Park's Springtime Collection, and some purple Coredinations Cardstock. You can see the Glossy Accents I added to the sunglasses for a glossy look. I love that detail.
The sentiment Stamp is from an old American Crafts' set, and I used a Stampin up punch to cut the  piece out. I added some Want to Scrap bling and some prima flowers, and The Twinery twine in front of the card as well. On the inside, I did some layering of the paper, used the same spellbinder's die from the front, and added some bling to bring it all together. Hope you liked it, and like always, more coming soon! :)

16 comments:

  1. Awesome news, congrats!!! Your card is beautiful too. Happy Thursday! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kim! Hope you have a great weekend!

      Delete
  2. So glad to hear Emily is doing better. That is GREAT news about the video.Really pretty card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Debbie! She is finally starting to eat a little bit too, so I guess her appetite is coming back. I just wish she'd stop asking for chocolate cookies and eat some real food instead! LOL

      Delete
  3. Congratulations Sharon!!!!! You can't hide your light under a bushel, It is too bright! You are very talented and ... MAY I HAVE YOUR AUTOGRAPH!!! =D Love you and you work hard at everything you do and deserve recognition! Hugs, Janet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh hi Janet! Nice to see you around here!!!!!!!!! Thanks for stopping by and for your sweet comment. See ya tomorrow in the AM my friend!

      Delete
  4. Congrats Ms Sharon. Very well deserved. Your work is super amazing and why wouldn't it be published.
    Glad to know that your Emily is doing better. The card is super cute. Greeting Farm stamps are really cute.
    ANA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ana. I really like their little cartoon-looking characters. I need to use my stamps more often for sure. Good luck on your garage sale tomorrow!

      Delete
  5. Great card and I am so glad that Emily is doing so much better. I was shocked myself to see your name in a magazine where your video was showcased!! Great job and so glad you got recognized!!! You have such great talent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for all your support. I really appreciate it!

      Delete
  6. Oh the card is gorgeous as is everything else you do, I just want to congratulate you on that video being publish, It takes a lot to get something published and to achieve that without submitting it (YAY for you) that is awesome and I am happy little Emily is getting better. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your super sweet comment :)

      Delete
  7. Hey Sharon - congrats on the video pub that's amazing! I love this adorable card too. Gorgeous layering and I love the Echo Park paper.
    You asked on my blog about a skin combo I used - I thought this the best way to contact you :D For the darker skin tone I used E11, E13, E15 and E18!
    Hugs,
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Melissa for that info. I'm trying to practice my coloring and trying new color combos :) I really appreciate you getting back to me :) Have a good rest of your weekend :)

      Delete
  8. Hi Sharon ~ Congrats on your publication! You don't say which video you are referring to, and I would love to know :-)
    I'm so glad Emily is feeling better, I know it's such a worry when our little ones are sick.
    Also, I love your latest card! Thanks so much for sharing your talents with us...you are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. You can find the video on my tutorial playlist on my channel. It's the Tissue Paper Pom Pom tutorial. Enjoy!

      Delete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate it so much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...